Faster than a drill, less painful, less freezing and bleeding, quicker healing, and a far more superior outcome.
What is Laser Dentistry?
Laser Dentistry is a new and effective way of conducting routine dental procedures that are safer and less painful for patients. The Lightwalker laser is an all tissue laser enabling Dr. Salyani to perform less invasive, more precise dental restorations. This laser generates up to 100 pulses per second, working much faster than a drill, but never actually touching the tooth. This results in less anesthetic, fewer shots, and ultimately less pain and discomfort for the patient. There is also no numbness after the procedure. This type of treatment is great for kids and those nervous about getting needles. Lasers employ some of the latest dental technology available to provide you with dental treatments that almost always result in quicker healing, less bleeding, and less postoperative pain. Overall, laser dentistry provides a far more superior outcome.
The Ultimate Choice
At Collingwood Dentistry, we use the Lightwalker laser for many of our general and cosmetic dental treatments. These procedures are performed by an experienced laser dental practitioner whom Collingwood residents can count on for exceptional dental care.
The Lightwalker laser can be used on gums and teeth and is very effective in many oral surgical procedures. Dr. Salyani uses it for a variety of hard and soft tissue procedures including:
- Decay removal
- Cavity preparation
- Root canals
- Smile design
- Gum and bone surgical procedures
- Sinus lifts
- Laser endodontics (Root canal treatment) PIPS™ protocol
- Soft tissue recontouring of inflamed gums
- Snoring and sleep apnea
- Wrinkle removal
- Aphthous ulcers and cold sores
- Correcting tongue ties
- Safely removing porcelain veneers
- Accurate biopsies
- Uncovering implants
- Wavelength-optimized periodontal therapy treatment
- Lichen planus
Laser Dentistry offers you the following benefits over treatments performed with a drill:
- Faster and better healing
- No drilling sound or vibrations
- Minimally invasive – preserves natural tooth structure
- Increased comfort
- Greater accuracy and precision
- Improved bond strengths resulting in longer-lasting fillings
- Reduced trauma to healthy portions of the tooth
- Less bleeding and swelling
- Less chance of post-op infections
- Reduces dental anxiety in many patients
- Virtually no needles
Please browse our services, call us if you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment.
Collingwood Dentistry - (705) 293 7700
How Can We Help?
Dr. Salyani and his team will explain every step along the way and design a treatment plan that is made just for you!
Ready to schedule?
Dental emergency? Click below to schedule a virtual consultation with Dr. Salyani.
Read what our patients have to say about their experience.