Laser dentistry employs some of the latest dental technology available to provide you with dental treatments that almost always result in quicker healing, less bleeding, and less post-operative pain, and a far more superior outcome.
Lightwalker Laser Dentistry
The Lightwalker laser is an all tissue laser enabling Dr. Salyani to perform less invasive, more precise dental restorations. This laser generates up to 100 pulses per second working much faster than a drill, but never actually touches your tooth so you will receive less anesthetic and fewer shots. This translates into less pain and discomfort for the patient and no numbness after a procedure.
This is great for kids and those nervous about getting needles.
employs some of the latest dental technology available to provide you with dental treatments that almost always result in quicker healing, less bleeding, and less post-operative pain, and a far more superior outcome.
The Ultimate choice
At Collingwood Laser Dentistry we use the Lightwalker laser for many of our general and cosmetic dentistry treatments. These procedures are performed by an experienced laser dentist that Collingwood residents can count on for exceptional dental care.
The Lightwalker laser can be used on gums and teeth and is very effective in many oral surgery procedures. Dr. Salyani uses it for a variety of hard and soft tissue procedures, including:
- Decay removal
- Cavity preparation
- Root canals
- Smile design
- Gum and bone surgical procedures
- Sinus lifts
- Laser endodontics (Root canal treatment) PIPS™ protocol
- Soft tissue recontouring of inflamed gums
- Snoring and sleep apne
- Wrinkle removal
- Aphthous ulcers and cold sores
- Correcting tongue ties
- Safely removing porcelain veneers
- Accurate biopsies
- Uncovering implants
- Wavelength-optimized periodontal therapy treatment
- Lichen planus
Lightwalker laser™ treatment offers you the following benefits over treatments performed with a drill:
- Faster and better healing
- No drilling sound or vibrations
- Minimally invasive – preserves natural tooth structure
- Increased comfort
- Greater accuracy and precision
- Improved bond strengths resulting in longer lasting fillings
- Reduced trauma to healthy portions of the tooth
- Less bleeding and swelling
- Less chances of post-op infections
- Reduces dental anxiety in many patients
- Virtually no needles
The Lightwalker laser is highly versatile and improves the quality of your dental treatment for many soft tissue procedures. Our dental hygienists will use this laser to perform laserassisted periodontal therapy, a highly effective treatment for advanced stages of gum disease. Wavelength-optimized periodontal therapy uses two proven wavelengths with extremely different clinical and therapeutic abilities, that allows for the removal of diseased gums lining the tooth, decontamination of the pocket and simultaneous removal of calculus from the root surface and formation of a stable fibrin clot. The laser also stimulates your body’s natural defense mechanisms to enhance healing and reduce recovery time to achieve new levels of success in the battle against periodontal disease and to protect your health. In many cases, the use of the laser will allow the patient to avoid the need for gum surgery.
Laser-assisted periodontal therapy using the laser offers you the following benefits:
- Better control over your treatment, balancing cutting speed and comfort
- Procedures do not require full anesthesia, only topical anesthetic sometimes
- Minimally invasive
- Reduced bleeding, swelling, and postoperative pain
- Reduced need for injections, sutures, hemostatic agents, and astringents
- Shorter recovery time
- Stimulation of the body’s natural defense mechanisms for healing
- Reduced anxiety over procedures
Please browse our services, call us if you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment.
How Can We Help?
Dr. Salyani and his team will explain every step along the way and design a treatment plan that is made just for you!
Ready to schedule?
Dental emergency? Click below to schedule a virtual consultation with Dr. Salyani.